Motorsport adventure is out there, and our partners at Hagerty want to help one lucky racer have an unforgettable experience at Arizona Auction Week! Forget almost everything you thought you knew about contingencies; with this program, Hagerty wants to give everyone an equal chance at winning regardless of finishing position! Yes, you read that right- everyone has an equal chance of being the big winner!
Drivers competing in any of SCCA’s four national events -- the Runoffs®, Tire Rack SCCA Solo® Nationals, DirtFish SCCA® RallyCross National Championships, and Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials Nationals Powered by Hagerty -- can get their chance to win a trip for two to Scottsdale, Arizona for 2020 Auction Week. Workers and volunteers are eligible, too! This amazing prize includes coach class round-trip airfare for two and three nights at a hotel, invitations to the Hagerty Cocktail Party at the Penske Racing Museum, access to the week’s auctions including Barrett Jackson and Russo & Steele, and to top it off, you’ll get some sweet swag from Hagerty!
If you’re thinking to yourself, “What’s Auction Week?” don’t worry, we can help! Arizona Auction Week is the general term for the slew of high-end and collector automobile auctions that take place early in the year all around Phoenix and Scottsdale. You’re probably familiar with the big one, Barrett-Jackson and its live TV coverage on Velocity network. Nearly every other major auction house has a sale nearby as well to capitalize on the density of interested buyers. Any automotive enthusiast will surely enjoy a trip there in 2020 with access to auctions full of one-of-a-kind collector cars, the Hagerty Cocktail Party at the Penske Racing Museum, and more!
So, you’re ready to secure your chance to win, right? Here’s what you have to do:
- If you’ve registered for contingency programs, go back through your registration and make sure you add the Hagerty Contingency Program. If you’re signed up for Time Trials Nationals, you’re already included!
- Receive your stickers on site at the event and make sure they’re placed in the right spot on your car.
- Take a photo of your car with the decals showing and post it on Instagram, tagging both @Hagerty and #hagertyscottsdale2020. (Note: Lots of likes are awesome, but won’t affect your odds of winning.)
- Workers and volunteers at SCCA Championship events can also participate in Hagerty’s contingency program by taking a picture of Hagerty’s logo on a car, flag, tent or anything else; and post the photo to Instagram using the @Hagerty, #hagertyscottsdale2020 and #SCCAWorkers tags to be eligible for the contingency drawing.
- Enjoy your championship event and we’ll announce a winner after Runoffs in October!
Good luck everyone! We are so excited for this drawing, and we can’t wait to hear all about the winner’s adventures! Big thanks to our partner Hagerty for making this happen!